Gardens

Saturday 16 May 2009

I was just looking out the window at my Sister's house at her garden. I live in a block of flats and I don't have a garden, so I made my `non existing` Garden. I put plants outside my door in the area between the 2 flats .( I'm on the top floor) I have a table that has these leaves that come out & 1 of them doesn't work so I put it outside in the empty space & put plants on it.
It all started when I moved in to my flat , 11 years ago & the previous tenant had left an ugly bench that I couldn't take down so I put plants on it & eh presto it looked so much better .
I have lots of plants outside my flat. I started others off as well now. Downstairs, by the entrance, the lady has put out a plant pot out there and now it looks very inviting as soon as you walk into the building.
I have started to grow various vegetables & salads from seed. I have basil, mint they are both doing well. I have just started growing salads from seed & I replanted some of them into new pots so that , hopefully, they will grow into good lettuces.
I also planted some butternut squash & they're growing & blooming but if they'll give me anything is jet to be determined. I hope that they will. I also have some peppers that have as jet to decide what they want to do, but they are showing some leaves. Maybe I get the chance to take some pictures & to work out how to download them so that others can see as well, but don't hold your breath till then.

0 comments: